Kristyn's Reviews > Emeralds and Espionage (Gems and Espionage, #1)

Emeralds and Espionage (Gems and Espionage, #1) by Lynn Gardner

Apr 20, 09

Read in April, 2009

Lynn Gardner has so many books out that I really expected more from this first book of hers. I got other books of hers to read so I'm really hoping her writing gets better.
I found the writing so poor and choppy. One minute the characters are in one place and after some dialogue they are in another without any explanation. Their conversations never even seem complete. The plot could have been good with better writing, which is the only reason I kept reading, but so completely unbelievable. Not realistic at all.
I love LDS romantic thrillers, but not this one, and possibly not this author. I'll stick with Clair Poulson and Jennie Hansen (only I've already read nearly everything they've written).
I'm really surprised at the high ratings it's gotten. It's a quick read and I guess good enough if you don't expect much. Okay, I did like Bart. I think my tween daughter would really enjoy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emeralds and Espionage (Gems and Espionage, #1).