Mojca's Reviews > Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch

Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels

I just love “short” Harlequin stories. They’re just long enough to cram everything in without the whole thing seeming hurried and short enough to finish it elegantly without the plot-dragging devices and predictable turns.

This book is one of such stories. The suspense was nicely done, even had some traces of a thriller in it, and surprise of all surprise I didn’t see that ending coming. The villain was utterly unexpected for me (yeah, you can call me naïve if you want) and the added bonus of a twist made my jaw drop. Ooh, boy. What a marvelously concocted and twisted plot. Wonderfully planned and masterfully executed.

The romance was a bit so-so for me, it could’ve all been resolved with a lengthy conversation instead of dragging the reader through the dirty-laundry machine. But still, it complimented the story and added a little more of an oomph to the twisted, twisted ending.

Oh, I’ll definitely pick this one up (figuratively speaking, since it’s an ebook) again.
2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch.

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy I'm going to look at this one tonight. I love surprises at the end. Your review has my curiosity peaked.

Mojca It wasn't a pleasant surprise, it was more of "ooh, wow, I didn't see that one coming" surprise. Well, it was for me, at least.

Happy reading. ;)

Dina Thanks for reviewing this book, Alathea. I´ve downloaded it from Harlequin a month ago, but I wasn´t convinced it was worth reading. Now I am. :)

message 4: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy I really enjoyed this book. Thanks for the review that made me read this. And I'm as naive as you, I kept guessing the wrong people.