Sarah's Reviews > Panic in Level 4: Cannibals, Killer Viruses, and Other Journeys to the Edge of Science

Panic in Level 4 by Richard   Preston

May 07, 09

bookshelves: audiobooks
Read in May, 2009

This was a really fascinating book and a very excellent audio choice. If only all non-fiction were this engaging! Preston is an excellent storyteller - I remember something about each story in this collection (which may not seem that impressive but my memory is terrible!). This is a anthology of articles Preston has written over the years on various topics, each having been slightly expanded and updated for publication here. The topics range from ebola virus to the limits of pi, from the invasion of foreign bugs in North American woods to a disease that causes people to attack - and occasionally eat - themselves. At times, the stories venture into the gruesome but they are all so fascinating that I never minded too much. For me, the weakest story was "Death in the Forest" - I think I might have enjoyed reading it more. But I really liked this book and can't wait to read more by Preston. I love discovering compelling nonfiction!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Panic in Level 4.