Jim's Reviews > Witchling

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn

Oct 23, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal-urban, series, 1paper, 2fiction
Read in April, 2009

I got this at my daughter's request & thought I'd read it first, only to realize quickly I had read it before. Not a bad book, but forgettable, I guess. It is yet another of the current paranormal fantasies that portray our current world with the addition of a fantasy element.

In this case, we have 3 half-Sidhe sisters who are stationed on our Earth as part of a government agency from the OW (Other World). A third world is ruled by demons. The 3 worlds were once all in constant communication, but years ago separated except for a few portals, to protect them. Now the bad guys want to take over all 3 & the sisters stand in the way. Fairly predictable, but well written & an interesting take on the idea.

The pace is well done. Lots of action with background information doled out as needed. The characters were pretty well done too. At first, they seemed a little clichéd, but as the book progressed, the characters filled in & one developed especially well. While I never doubted the outcome for a moment, the paths taken to arrive there were interesting. I'm looking forward to the next!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchling.

message 1: by Sadiya (new) - added it

Sadiya Gurhan Same thing happened to me! It really is forgettable.

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jim Most of these books are for me. I can never keep all the Sookie books straight, either. Candy reads, good but they just don't stick.
;-)