Tiffany's Reviews > Very Valentine

Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

204846
Apr 20, 2009

Read in April, 2009

I started this book, read about 10 pages, and then put it down. It didn't hook me right away, but once I picked it up again, I flew through it and had in done in less than a weekend. I have read all (or all but one) of Trigiana's books and I have really enjoyed the books that deal with the Italian families. This one proved just as good. I misread the jacket and thought the story was set in 1903, but it turns out that was just when the Angelini Shoe Company was founded. I loved this story of Valentine and how she sets out to save the family's business even though others in her family want to immediately sale and take the money and run. I love how Valentine goes out of her comfort zone to try on her own to change the course of the outcome.

While I liked the love story with the chef, Roman, he did leave me feeling a little cold. Something about his character for me, and I am anxious to see where this story heads. The book jacket says that it is the first of a trilogy so I can't wait until the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Very Valentine.

04/19/2009 page 200
53.91% "I'm hooked on this one and can barely put it down!"