Kathy (Bermudaonion)'s Reviews > Sima's Undergarments for Women

Sima's Undergarments for Women by Ilana Stanger-Ross

Apr 28, 09

Read in April, 2009

By all appearances, Sima Goldner has it all - a thriving business and a solid marriage, but she's missing the one thing she wanted the most - a child. When she didn't conceive early in her marriage to Lev, Sima went to a fertility specialist and discovered that her fallopian tubes were blocked because of a mistake she made as a sixteen year old. When a young Israeli, Timna, enters her life - first as a customer and then as an employee - things change for Sima. Sima is fascinated by Timna, almost to the point of obsession and comes to love her as if she were her daughter. While Timna is quite fond of Sima, and enjoys working at her lingerie shop, she doesn't feel the same way. Through all of their ups and downs, Sima and Timna teach each other a lot about life.

I really enjoyed Sima's Undergarments for Women. Ilana Stanger-Ross does a marvelous job of developing the characters in the book, particulary Sima. The characters are flawed, but believable - most of us have known people just like them. I could sympathize with Sima and I was so afraid she was going to get her heart broken. The characters learned a lot about love, friendship and life from each other and ultimately become better people for having known each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sima's Undergarments for Women.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer I just received this one for review, and your review makes me want to read it right away!

Kathy (Bermudaonion) Jennifer_q85 wrote: "I just received this one for review, and your review makes me want to read it right away!"

It's a fairly quick read and I liked it a lot! I hope you do too.