Angela's Reviews > Fire Study

Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

Apr 24, 2009

it was ok
Read in April, 2009

2 stars is still pretty generous for this book. Bleh. I was so disappointed. Reading these 3 books was a similar experience to the Eragon books ... LOVED the first one, thought the second one was good but not as good as the previous, and forced my way through the third one while skipping massive pages and not caring what I missed.

Comparing POISON STUDY to MAGIC STUDY and FIRE STUDY, I think what I didn't like the most was the 1st book was so different from the last 2. I loved the mystery of Yelena's past and Valek's motivations. I loved the way Yelena and Valek were together and not just in a romantic sense (though I loved that aspect and wished we got to see them have more of a "relationship" other than just getting it on whenever they were together). I felt like so much of the story (at least in POISON STUDY) was about BOTH Yelena and Valek. So that when the next 2 books are really Yelena's story that Valek makes an appearance in once in a while I just wasn't as interested.

I honestly almost didn't finish this book and I probably didn't read even half of the words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Study.

02/11/2016 marked as: read

Donka This comforting to see that I'm not the only one who has this feelings towards the three books.