Dianna's Reviews > Undone

Undone by Rachel Caine

Apr 20, 09

bookshelves: series-reading
Recommended for: j., cristine

Finished in less than 24 hours. Would have been less than 6, but sleep overtook me and work intruded into my reading time. Obviously, it was quite grabbing. A vengeful distant god brought down into human form as punishment for not doing something she was told by her leader (what that is is one big mystery of the book), Cassiel is dependent on the Wardens for her entire life (literally). She is partnered with Manny and becomes attached to his family emotionally, and thus to all of humanity. Her vengefulness never leaves her subconscious, but her struggling body and humanity affect her as well.

It's an engaging plot, engaging character (though this authors tendency to talk over and over about how beautiful the narrator is is very annoying), and a fine followup to the Weather Wardens series. You do need to read that series first though, imo.

Great for fans of urban fantasy looking a different take on the genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undone.

message 1: by J (new) - rated it 2 stars

J I've thought about giving this one a try. I haven't finished reading the previous series, but I reckon I will at some point.

Dianna j. wrote: "I've thought about giving this one a try. I haven't finished reading the previous series, but I reckon I will at some point."

Well, I stayed up almost all night and found myself falling asleep mid-sentence, so here I am at work DYING with about 20 pages left :) Stay alive everyone... I just have to make it to my 4'0'clock lunch and I'll help!