Gabriel's Reviews > Once a Brat

Once a Brat by Kim Dare

Feb 11, 13

bookshelves: bdsm-and-kinks

Edit 02/11/2013 (check the bottom)
I'm having a wee bit of trouble here; is Bret the Bret from 'I Blame Bret' series? Because if then, we has changed dominants since, as his dominant in Once a Brat is called Marcus, however as far as I recall, he is called Jasper in the other series.
But Kim Dare made a note on her website that this could be seen as a prequel to the other series, if one wish to do so, as the two protagonists make their entrance there, as well.

Other than that little confusion, I am a fan of Kim Dare & this is yet another book, which proves why.

~
After having had kind comments from the editor & author herself, any confusion I had have been cleared up. Now I can move happily on with my life. ;)
No, things make sense and as I mostly wrote this review due to confusion, it will be expanded when my university allows me to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Brat.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Frantz It's the same Bret. And it's definitely Marcus in CALL ME SIR, BOY and ALL THE GEAR, NO IDEA. Promise. :)

Gabriel Yeah, I realized it in 'Call Me Sir, Boy'. However, in 'All Gear, No Idea' he is called Jasper. ;)
One of my small pet peeves about the names, but thanks for clearing things up. :)

message 3: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Frantz Okay, my copy does NOT have him as Jasper--it's definitely Marcus. But my copy is a Word file from the author. :) So if it was changed, it was changed by the press. Kim got it right. FWIW.

Gabriel Great! I figured it might have been something like that.
Again, thank you for clearing it all up. :) I'll just think Marcus each time I read 'All Gear, No Idea'. ;)

message 5: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Dare Hi guys,

I don't usually comment on reviews, but I thought I should make an exception here, just to clear things up.

Marcus should be called Marcus all the way through the series. It was 100% my fault that Marcus got called Jasper in the second one, but the publisher kindly allowed me to correct my mistake after it came out.

If you redown load All the Gear, No Idea from ARe, you'll get a copy with the correct name in it. Hope that helps.

And thanks for the review :)

Kim.

Gabriel It helps a lot & clears up any confusion I had. :)
Thank you for the kind (and fast) response!