Judy's Reviews > The Coming Economic Collapse: How You Can Thrive When Oil Costs $200 a Barrel

The Coming Economic Collapse by Stephen Leeb

Apr 18, 09

Read in April, 2009

The subtitle of this book is "How You Can Thrive When Oil Costs $200 a Barrel." Leeb, who holds PhDs in economics, math, and psychology, presents a bleak but believable picture of a world in which oil is no longer available to the average person. He discusses the world's depleting oil supplies, the world-wide dependence on oil, and the consequences of not pursuing a replacement power source. It is a pretty frightening scenario. This books was written in 2005, and his prediction of skyrocketing oil costs was validated by last summer's spikes. His discussion of "group think" in regards to both the environment and economics was especially interesting to me. The book includes an appendix of tips for investing in what is sure to be a changing world. While I don't have either the science or the economic background to totally understand all he said, there was plenty here to make me think and re-evaluate my views.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coming Economic Collapse.