Corrine's Reviews > Passion Unleashed

Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione

2084774
Sep 08, 2009

bookshelves: e-book, paranormal-fantasy-sci-fi-romance, deceitful-hero-or-heroine, demon
Read in September, 2009

Okay, so Ione built up some really dark expectations of Wraith and failed to deliver, but IMO what we're left with is still the strongest in the series.

At the starting point of this book, half-demon half-vampire Wraith has already forced the 'sgenisis, the change all Seminus demons go through that makes them potent and gives them the unrelenting desire to impregnate females. However, it's not working like he thought it would; he thought it was make him a sex-craving animal with no human conscience or emotions, but for some reason, though he craves sex, he's basically still the same. Until he finds out that he has been poisoned by a toxin that has no cure, and unless he obtains a certain charm, he will die. The problem is that the charm is being held by a human female, and to obtain it, he has to seduce her virginity away from her. Because of past traumas in his life, Wraith considers human females off limits, especially virgin ones. But when he finds out that his life force is tied to the existence of Underworld General, and therefore his brothers' as well, Wraith is willing to take one for the team.

The carrier of the charm, Serena Kelley, has something else in mind. Although she's wildly attracted to who she thinks is no one more than a fellow treasure hunter, she can never know sexual intimacy in its fullest, because to do so would cause the disease she contracted as a child to progress and eventually kill her.

As Wraith goes back and forth with pushing forward in his plan to seduce Serena or not, he begins to find out just why his brothers would be crazy enough to take a mate,and how hard it is to choose between your own personal happiness and the well-being of your family and friends.

In reality, Wraith gave in much quicker than I thought he would, and with much less angst, which just made me like him more. And Serena showed a selflessness that was on par with Madeline from Garwood's Honour's Splendor (sp? I know one is spelled with a "u"in the title). A good conclusion to an interesting trilogy, although I was bummed by the quick resultion of Kynan & Gem, and am not at all looking forward to any book featuring Seminus assassin Lore, should Ione choose to write. B
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion Unleashed.

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane awesome review corrine~

message 2: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee I need to get back to this series--you made it sound so good, Corrine!:)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too, Auntee.