Mel's Reviews > Once a Brat

Once a Brat by Kim Dare

Feb 09, 13

bookshelves: e-book, erotica, bdsm, netgalley, novella, 2013
Read on February 09, 2013

Once a Brat is the first book I've read in the Kinky Cupid universe and the first book I've read by Kim Dare. While I liked the premise of Once a Brat and really liked Marcus, I didn't love the book.

Bret is new to the BDSM world, has set his sights on Master Marcus, and been stalking him for the past month or so. Marcus as well as the other Doms think that Bret is a brat. He's young, inexperienced, and has been following him. He knows he shouldn't be attracted to the young, obnoxious stalker but he's drawn to him. He finally gives in a does a scene with Bret and finds that the chemistry between the two of them is off the charts.

I've read a lot of books dealing with BDSM and found the scenes on par with a lot of the stuff that I've read. It's not hardcore by any means and other than light bondage, spanking, and power exchange there really wasn't much to it.

Once a Brat was a short-and-sweet, M/M romance with light BDSM aspects. The sex scenes were pretty hot but the connection between Bret and Marcus just wasn't all I'd hoped it would be. That being said, I would probably read the next book in the series simply for the smexy man-on-man action.

*REVIEW COPY PROVIDED BY NETGALLEY*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Brat.