Thomas's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

2018505
Apr 18, 09

bookshelves: five-stars, 2nd-favorites, young-adult, realistic-fiction, romance
Read in April, 2009

"The Truth about Forever" is about seventeen year-old Macy, who is recently recovering from the traumatic loss of her father. After losing control of everything in her life, she finds that striving to be perfect will help her regain what she has lost. Her robotic boyfriend is going away for the summer while she has to fill in for him at his job at the library, her mom has been hiding herself in work, and her sister is busy renovating their family's old beach house. Macy spends her days and nights in the same old routine, working by day and studying at night, until she meets the Wish catering company and the chaotic group of people who run it. There she begins to put together the pieces of her heart as she struggles to finally let go and live her life. Things only get more complicated when she meets Wes - the boy of any girl's dreams, the one that could just make her summer one to remember.

The first fifty or so pages of this book were a bit dissapointing, but that is the case with every book I guess. Beggining at the middle of the book though I felt such raw emotion from Sarah Dessen's writing and by the end I was almost literally in tears. That is how much this book moved me, and it definetly deserves a 5/5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

Quotes Thomas Liked

Sarah Dessen
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”
Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever