Luke Peterson's Reviews > I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski: Life, The Big Lebowski, and What Have You

I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski by Bill Green

Aug 29, 2007

Recommended for: die-hard fans
Read in August, 2007

I abide this book five stars for the same reason many Christians would probably give the Holy Bible five stars: It's the primary book around on its relatively specialized subject matter.

I received this book as a gift and was extremely jazzed at the prospect of catching some of the back story of a film I've seen 80 or 90 times. Turns out the book is pretty funny and slightly inspiring at times, but can't match the genius of the work it has been written to supplement.

The authors are the "founding dudes" of LebowskiFest. Though they're funny and decent researchers, it's no strike.

As Lenin said, look for the person who will benefit ... the 'founding dudes' are hopefully reaping more than an average reader. I mean, I spent a good three hours learning about the film's backstory (the real Little Larry Sellers is hilarious), and assume with the book's purchase have given myself 3 hours of enjoyment and likewise have subsidized a week on the couch for one of those 'founding dudes.' Main beneficiary: Dudes.

You don't really need this book. If you want to read it, be dudelike and get your favorite library-card-holder to check it out and drop it off at your place. With a bottle of Kahlua. And maybe some beer nuts.

Abidingly,
Luke

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski.