Edna Lyn's Reviews > Lord of Fire

Lord of Fire by Gaelen Foley

Apr 18, 09

bookshelves: 2009, historical-romance
Read in April, 2009

Not the best but an okay read. Alice, the heroine, was a bit frustrating at times. First Alice falling for Lucien's stupid trap (my only complaint about the hero as well) in the beginning. Then when she deliberately went to the Grotto and ended up making trouble. Also going to and staying in London when Lucien told her it was dangerous. Even her sister was dimwitted. Argh. The lack of the Knight siblings disappointed me a lot as well. I did like the emotional aspects of this story, like the intense loneliness and vulnerability Lucien felt because of his career, his capture and torture, being in his twin's shadow, etc. I really felt for him when we got into his mind and understood where he was coming from. When I first read The Duke, I didn't think I'd go on with the rest of the series but I decided to give this one a go because I heard good things about Lord of Ice which is the next book and is about Lucien's twin Damien. Damien had a small but intriguing presence in LOF and I'm sure there are a lot of layers to unfold in his story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Fire.