Khalid's Reviews > The Female Brain

The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine

Apr 17, 09

bookshelves: already-read
Read in April, 2009

The Female Brain is a science book that discusses the physical and psychological aspects of the female brain. It will teach you how the female brain works, and why does it work the way it does.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and learned a lot by reading it. It contains enough science that you feel convinced yet not bored, and enough stories that entertain you along the way.

To be honest, I didn't like it at first when she started talking about females as super human beings, and how we men are just simply limited (Hey, I have to be a little defensive!). However, as the book went along, it started having a more moderate and reasonable tone.

I do recommend this book for women first and foremost, so that they know what they're and what they will be going through, and how to make use of it all. I recommend it to men if they really care about understanding their partners. Believe me, this scientific material is much more valuable to understanding how the other gender functions than a book like "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus". At least, there are no caves in this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Female Brain.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anoud (new)

Anoud COME ON!! females ARE super human beings duh!!

message 2: by Fatimah (new)

Fatimah hi Khalid what anice title ,but tell me did you use some of the information on it in your daily life i mean in dealing with other women like you sis or mom and does it work??

Khalid Hello Fatimah. The book discusses more of the physiological and psychological aspects of a female brain, and does not give specific suggestions on how to deal with any of the situations. It gives different stories to describe how and why women are the way they are.

I hope this answers your question.