Sarah's Reviews > Lips Touch: Three Times

Lips Touch by Laini Taylor

Nov 21, 09

bookshelves: favorites
Read in November, 2009

Amazing. Lovely. One that demands to be read again and again. The entire book is gorgeous, from Jim Di Bartolo's cover and inside illustrations to Laini Taylor's prose. I could go on and on about how much I love this book.

All three stories are compelling, imaginative, atmospheric, and like nothing that I've read before. Of all three, Hatchling is the longest and while I was satisfied with the story as it was, I can see (and hope) that there's more to tell about the Druj.

This is one of those rare books where I felt like I needed to re-read each sentence, just to listen to the melody of the words. But on top of that, the illustrations! And how they fit so seamlessly with Laini's stories! I could look at them forever. Each of the three stories begins with several pages of artwork. Jim Di Bartolo used this section to illustrate the back story of a woman from a previous generation in each story. So the artwork at the beginning gives a hint of what the story is about, and as I read the story it was addictive to look back at the illustrations as each chunk of the puzzle came into place. Genius design. I only hope we can see more illustrated novels like this in the future. Beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lips Touch.