Michelle's Reviews > An Offer From a Gentleman

An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn

1943703
Jun 12, 09

bookshelves: regency, romance-historical, favorites, read-own, read-in-2009, ebooks
Read in May, 2009

I love this "Cinderella" story. It may start off like Cinderella but this story is very unique. I love how Benedict was in love with the Mystery Girl and would never marry until he found her. How romantic! He's such a dreamer! And Sophie is so sweet. I wanted her to just blurt it out "I am the mystery girl"... Another great job by Quinn.. I totally fell in love with both characters.

Sophie is a bastard daughter of the Earl. After his death Sophie becomes the maid to her ugly stepmother and stepsister. One night she sneaks into a masquerade ball where she meets her own prince charming, Benedict Bridgerton. They dance the night away but at midnight she leaves the ball, her identity never revealed. Benedict spends two years looking for the mystery girl whom he plans to marry until one night he rescues a housemaid. He's drawn to her and doesn't realize that she is the mystery girl he's been searching for. I am loving the Bridgerton Family! Benedict and Sophie had the best story yet and Benedict is my favorite brother so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Offer From a Gentleman.

05/27/2009 page 198
55.31% "I love this book. It's like the movie Ever After and Cinderella!"