Kiribatidaughter's Reviews > The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific

The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost

U 50x66
Apr 17, 2009

did not like it

To Mr.Troost,
I learned that you are a liar and a disgraceful man, and my opinion about you lay on the beaches of Tarawa. You wrote about my culture, my people and my island I dearly love so you can be famous and rich!!! The title is a scheme and a trick to get people's attention so they can buy your book. The book was given to me because I refused to buy it. I was on the island in 1997 and I didn't remember the LaMacarena and the beer crisis. You got a sick mind. Temawa (rest her soul)was my best friend and cousin, and Faroug (deported to Africa) at FSP and what you said about them were not true!!!!.You make me sick. I agree that you are not good with names(two years wait before you wrote this book is a long time for your brain) but disagreed that you tried to protect the people's identity. You should be sued. You are cruel and insensitive to get a laugh out of an innocent culture so you can be useful and most of all get rich so you can supplement your pathetic past. I hope that is not the case but Mr. Troost YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. For those who are contributing to troost'S pocket, beware your beloved home land could be next or maybe its too late since he's already written several more books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sex Lives of Cannibals.

03/09 marked as: read

Leigh I hope he reads this review and has a good laugh.

Roger King I have a suggestion: get a position with the Kiribati Mission to the UN on Manhattan Island in New York and write a companion book about the crazy stuff there: cars, noise, air pollution, toilets, water supply, hospitals, air conditioning, people put trash in baskets, pick up dog poop, live by the clock, shoot guns, sell drugs. You could write quite a similar satire from your frame of reference. I would like to read it. The Mission is at 800 2nd Ave Rm 400A, New York, NY 10017, next to the Ford Foundation and close to the UN Building. Building.