Lisa's Reviews > The River at Green Knowe

The River at Green Knowe by L.M. Boston

F_50x66
May 01, 09

Read in April, 2009

This was good too. It was a little disconcerting to have all new characters, but they were easy to get to know and love. Their adventures seemed more fantastical, rather than rooted in history, but still a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The River at Green Knowe.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 5: by June (new)

June I remember finding this series when I started as a Children's Librarian at CCH 20 years ago. They were a real treat.

Lisa June wrote: "I remember finding this series when I started as a Children's Librarian at CCH 20 years ago. They were a real treat."

Hi June! Ruth loaned these to me at Christmas time, but I wanted to finish the dragon series with Jeff before I started. I'll be reading this group next, then the Dark series by Cooper which Ruth brought, too. I loved the Boggart! Do you remember that one? Did you ever read the Boggart and the Monster? Ruth did not bring me that one, but it is the same Boggart, according to the book write up.

message 3: by June (new)

June I vaguely remember enjoying the Boggart, but I wasn't blown away. I think there had been a lot of hip and maybe I expected too much. I don't remember reading the second. Right now I'm reading a Dog Year by Jon Katz. I'm still a sucker for animal stories.

Lisa June wrote: "I vaguely remember enjoying the Boggart, but I wasn't blown away. I think there had been a lot of hip and maybe I expected too much. I don't remember reading the second. Right now I'm reading a ..."

Did you get that recommendation from me? We enjoyed reading that together as a family on our vacation trip last summer, I believe. I was reading it aloud to Rodney while he drove, and the boys ended up listening in for the last 2/3 of the book! I have not read others by Katz, yet, though.

message 1: by June (new)

June Lisa wrote: "June wrote: "I vaguely remember enjoying the Boggart, but I wasn't blown away. I think there had been a lot of hip and maybe I expected too much. I don't remember reading the second. Right now I..."

It might have been, I think I was going through my to reads looking for something to read and that was on the list and in at the library. The boys enjoyed playing with Phil's sister's corgi so much when we visited her that Phil is talking about fencing our yard and getting one. I guess I need to research corgis and see how they would do in suburbia. They seem quite energetic and are herding dogs too.