Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews's Reviews > Once a Brat

Once a Brat by Kim Dare

Feb 12, 13

Read from February 09 to 12, 2013

Fabulous Kinky Fuckery from one of my favourite Authors Kim Dare… I just love this series!

photo 7a13592a-3245-4475-b72e-3274f3b2f4e1.jpg

This story unfolds from both characters points of view and I had to chuckle at their inner monologue and how they deal with their internal battles whilst trying to behave appropriately in their chosen roles as Dom and Sub. Bret has got to be the most unlikely sub ever, he is a brat, cheeky and impulsive and has a big problem with his mouth engaging before his brain. He has no respect for the Etiquette of the D/s role within the club scene for him the only person his brain will submit to is Marcus and even then it is a struggle. Secretly Marcus finds this amusing, and of course pride comes into it too as he knows he is the only one able to control the brat and the fact that his fellow Dom’s are so frustrated with the boys behaviour makes him smile even more.

We meet Bret as an inexperienced wannabe sub, who visits The Spread Eagle for something he feels is missing in his life, something he has fantasised over but has little knowledge and no experience.So when he see’s Marcus, there can be no other, he is a sub with only one Master, any other Dom is insignificant… all he needs to do now, is convince Marcus.

Marcus is dark, brooding, all leather and confidence and.. Oh. So. Delicious! He plays his part to perfection and is only too aware that the boy has been stalking him for weeks but he still makes Bret work for his attention… yet inside we see that despite Bret’s bratty behaviour the boy intrigues him and he is inexplicably drawn to what another Dom would deem intolerable behaviour, Marcus sees it as a challenge, a personality quirk…  and to see that angelic face and big blue eyes look at him for guidance so adoringly, is more than he could hope for in a sub… and he wants him!

I loved the relationship between these two characters and Bret’s internal struggle of wills as his submissive wants to please and behave in the manner expected, whilst his cheeky audacious nature wants to push the boundaries, inquisitive as to how Marcus will react, and the thought of punishment is something that excites him. Whilst Marcus gives him just enough wriggle room to still be able to express his playful and inquisitive nature as Bret is definitely not the normal sub who would remain stoically silent whist awaiting instruction. Yet together they find the perfect balance and Bret is ready to commit his heart and soul to the only man that could truly be his Master.

I love Kim Dare’s writing she writes short books but the are totally character driven and she has such a knack of bringing them to life and endearing them to our hearts, it may be BDSM, but we are left with a warm fuzzy feeling of perfection. I always imagine her having fun with her characters getting the balance between their personalities and relationships just right. Although in the case of Bret I imagine he was more than a handful, even for our talented writer.

Another great book form Kim Dare and I am looking forward to more from The Kinky Cupid Universe.

This ARC was Kindly provided by Riptide Publishing through Netgalley

For more reviews, please check out our blog...Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews you can now also find us on... Facebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Brat.

02/10/2013
99.0% "Will review later... book released tomorrow:)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Enjoy, sweets! :)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Kelly wrote: "Enjoy, sweets! :)"

Thanks my lovely:)

message 3: by ❧Gwen❤❦ (new)

❧Gwen❤❦ Beautiful pic, Great review..❤

message 4: by Dd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dd Great review M!!:))

Heller The Spread Eagle? :D

Great review, Monique.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Monique :)

message 7: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Thanks for the review!

message 8: by Em (new)

Em Like the review Monique! Like the sound of the book as well:)

KindleRomance Reviews Awesome review! Dare is one of my favorites! Can't wait to read this!

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Great review sweets! :)

message 11: by Bev (new) - added it

Bev Monique my lovely, this sounds like yet another one I'll be buying on your recommendation. Thank you. P.S. Hope you're on commission!! x

message 12: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Great review hun! Getting this now!

message 13: by Vio (new)

Vio Great review...sounds lovely!

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Gwenith wrote: "Beautiful pic, Great review..❤"

Thank you Gwenith, I too love the Picture, it is just perfect for Bret:D

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Dd wrote: "Great review M!!:))"

Thanks Dd:D

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Heller wrote: "The Spread Eagle? :D

Great review, Monique."

I know... what a name for a BDSM Club!?! Thank you Elle:D

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Blacky wrote: "Awesome review Monique :)"

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Debra wrote: "Thanks for the review!"

You are very welcome Debra:)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Foolish wrote: "Like the review Monique! Like the sound of the book as well:)"

Thanks Em... it's sugar kink for us though sweetie:)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Awesome review! Dare is one of my favorites! Can't wait to read this!"

Aww... thanks Kris, I hope you enjoy it! I love her books too:)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Kelly wrote: "Great review sweets! :)"

Thank you my friend... mwah!

Heller I'm enjoying this, I've just started it. The eyelash morse code line had me laughing.

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Bev wrote: " Monique my lovely, this sounds like yet another one I'll be buying on your recommendation. Thank you. P.S. Hope you're on commission!! x"

Bless Bev... thank you, this one is easy to like, quick easy sugar kink! what's not to love:)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Sara wrote: "Great review hun! Getting this now!"

Thanks Sara... hope you enjoy it:D

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Vio wrote: "Great review...sounds lovely!"

Thanks my friend... I do love her books, they are just easy to read:)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Heller wrote: "I'm enjoying this, I've just started it. The eyelash morse code line had me laughing."

Lol... in my mind I could just see how frustrated he was trying to hold his tongue, he is funny!

Amber's Reading Room Great review

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Amber wrote: "Great review"

message 29: by Sonia ღ (new)

Sonia ღ Superb review, Monique! :)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Sonia ღ wrote: "Superb review, Monique! :)"

Bless... Thank you so much Sonia:)

message 31: by Steph (new)

Steph I love your review. Definitely adding this one to my list :)

message 32: by Em (new)

Em Monique's Musings wrote: "Foolish wrote: "Like the review Monique! Like the sound of the book as well:)"

Thanks Em... it's sugar kink for us though sweetie:)"

Ok:!

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Steph wrote: "I love your review. Definitely adding this one to my list :)"

Thank you Steph:D How are your plans going for July?

message 34: by Steph (new)

Steph Mmm, still not sure. I've had a crazy few weeks so I haven't thought about it much. But I am very hopeful :)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Steph wrote: "Mmm, still not sure. I've had a crazy few weeks so I haven't thought about it much. But I am very hopeful :)"

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed sweetie, would love to see you there:)

message 36: by Steph (new)

Steph Thanks. I really hope I can come. It would be so amaszing to meet you, and all the others :)

message 37: by Debra (new)

Debra Amazing review, Monique!! :)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Debra wrote: "Amazing review, Monique!! :)"

Aww... Thank you Debra:)