BJ Rose's Reviews > Naked in Death

liked it
bookshelves: futuristic
Recommended to BJ Rose by: Dina
Read in April, 2009

Better than a 3* read, but doesn't meet 4* requirements for me. This was a well-written suspense thriller with romance (of course) which takes place in the fairly-near future, but already there are flying cars and off-planet sites. With all the scientific and electronic improvements in this society, I found a very strange futuristic anomaly - Eve has to completely strip so a machine can scan her bones/internal organs?! That seemed gratuitous to me (especially since she thinks about how the technicians are looking at her on their monitors) - it just doesn't fit with the other advances. The societal differences, actually, were not all that much different, except for all the fake-food they appeared to eat (well, maybe that's not so different after all!) As a coffee lover, I could definitely sympathize with Eve when she got to drink some real coffee!

This was more suspense-thriller than romance, which was actually OK with me, but the clues were pretty easy to follow. I did like the way that Roarke recognized and helped with the trauma in Eve's past. It's easy to see that the romance part of this series will grow. I liked this one enough to read the next in the series. For now, this gets passed on to my husband, who liked but was somewhat confused by the one he read out-of-order.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

04/18/2009 page 35
11.9% "the grotesque murder has happened, and Eve Dallas is assigned the case"
04/19/2009 page 136
46.26% "a strange futuristic anomaly - Eve has to completely strip so a machine can scan her bones/internal organs?! Doesn't fit with other advances"

Dina Stick to the series for the next 2 books, BJ, it gets better. If you´re not hooked by the 3rd book, Immortal in Death, then you can safely say this series is not for you.