MB's Reviews > Enchanted Glass

Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones

Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: childrens, fantasy-urban-fantasy-paranormals, read-in-2010, re-read-in-2011
Read on January 16, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

2nd read: 1/16/11 A Comfort Re-read. I hated the last book that I read so much that I re-read this one just to make myself happy!

1st read 4/16/10: What a treat! I loved this new book by Diana Wynne Jones. I loved all of the quirky characters and their interactions--especially the piano war.

My only complaint? It wasn't long enough! DWJ's books pretty much never are IMO.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanted Glass.

04/16/2010 page 32
10.96% "I'm LOVING this! Trying to read as slowly as possible to make it last, yet the incredible plot & characters are drawing me into the vortex!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've got this on hold at the library. Great mini-review!

message 2: by MB (new) - rated it 4 stars

MB Enjoy! I love her books!

I am always afraid that the latest one may be the last, so it was a bit bittersweet for me. Hopefully there'll be many more. (Selfishly, sometimes I wish we could give favorite authors an extended lifespan. Many of my favorites are getting 'up there' in years.)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I read that, too, on her website that she is battling cancer. That would be sad, indeed. I haven't read enough of her books, but I love Howl and my daughter rolls on the floor practically every time she reads Dark Lord of Derkholm! I have read it via her reading out loud to me.

message 4: by MB (last edited Apr 19, 2010 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MB I just saw that on her site too and sent an e-mail. I feel so sad as several favorite authors are quite ill or have died recently. Hopefully she'll respond well to treatment! (Crossing my fingers...)

I've read all her books, except for Changeover, I think. They're all a blast to read. Have you read the 2 adult ones? A Sudden Wild Magic and Deep Secret? Reading them always makes me wish she'd done more books for adults.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've added Deep Secret to my tbr list because I am pretty sure my library has it.

Eden I wish it were longer as well. I really loved this book.