Kent's Reviews > Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii

Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii by Lee Goldberg

Apr 23, 09

Read in December, 2007

This is the second Monk book I have read and, again, I enjoyed it.

The premise is that Natalie, Monk's assistant, is invited to Hawaii to participate in a girlfriends wedding. But Monk has to tag along and quickly involves them in the investigation. Not only that, but Dylan Swift, the famous psychic is a near-permanent guest at their hotel and claims to have a message from the beyond for them both. Monk doubts his credibility and goes about proving it and solving the murder.

I particularly enjoyed the segment describing Monk on the plane, drugged up enough to travel. Once on the island he is back to his usual self, instructing the maids on the proper way of folding towels, and day-long seminars on vacuuming techniques. And the opening crime involving a woman on the operating table responsible for killing the operating doctor is hilarious!

I recommend it for a teen or older reader, especially those that appreciate a funny, quirky novel. There is not too much offensive in it other than an occasional bad word here and there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii.