Susan's Reviews > Mind Game

Mind Game by Christine Feehan

Christine Feehan's Mind Game is book 2 in the GhostWalkers series. In book 1, Shadow Game, we were introduced to the GhostWalkers, a group of men with advanced military backgrounds and scientifically enhanced psychic skills. Mind Game focuses on GhostWalker Nicholas Trevane, and his mission to find and recover Dahlia Le Blanc, a government operative with astonishing telekinetic talents.

Dahlia is one of a group of young girls bought from foreign countries by Dr. Peter Whitney. As a result of her amazing natural psychic abilities, her childhood is stolen from her by Dr. Whitney, who only wants to experiment on the girls and enhance their psychic capabilities. When the girls are no longer useful to him, Whitney basically abandons them, sending them out into the world without the necessary psychic barriers to protect them from sensory overload.

Now that her father is gone, Lily Whitney has made it her mission to help all the GhostWalkers, and to find the other girls - now grown women - that she grew up with, and help them in any way she can. GhostWalker Nicholas Trevane takes the mission, and goes out to the Louisiana bayou to find Dahlia and bring her back. As he reaches Dahlia's secluded residence, Nico realizes something is terribly wrong. A traitor among the ranks of the NCIS has hired mercenaries to kill Dahlia, and Nicholas must make her safe.

Mind Game is swift-moving and electrifying read. The storyline was gripping - I could not put it down. Feehan has a way with words that keeps you interested in the story. Mind Game has plenty of action and suspense - the story simply grabs hold of you and doesn't let you go. I really enjoyed the banter between the two main characters. It was very believable and extremely entertaining - even laugh-out-loud funny at times.

I love the way Feehan brings all the other characters from the GhostWalkers series together. I can't wait to read some of the next stories! The twists and turns in this intriguing series will definitely keep me reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Game.

05/05/2009 page 217