Serena Yates's Reviews > Once a Brat

Once a Brat by Kim Dare

Feb 11, 13

bookshelves: m-m
Read in February, 2013 — I own a copy

A submissive "stalking" a dominant? Really? I have to admit that idea alone made me curious to read this story. And, with her usual flair for mixing just a little humor with some seriously hot BDSM, Kim Dare managed to pull me in from the very start. Both main characters are just perfect: the sub couldn’t be brattier if he tried, and the Dom is about as dom-y as possible. And yet, somehow they are the perfect fit for each other.

Bret is young, eager to find out more about BDSM, certain he is a sub, and totally inexperienced. He sees Marcus in the Spread Eagle club and decides the man will be his master. Never mind that Bret isn’t like the other subs, he isn’t willing to change himself into someone else. Yes, he is afraid he is too bratty for Marcus, but he persists anyway. I cheered him on. And even though he takes some really risky decisions. He knows he can trust Marcus; lucky for him, Marcus is a good Dom!

Marcus is wonderfully exasperated at Bret's stalking efforts. I think he secretly likes Bret's courage and determination, not that he lets him know that. He ends up curious enough to try a scene – and is impressed. Even though he thinks he doesn’t want a novice, there is something about teaching Bret everything from the ground up that fascinates Marcus, possibly impresses him with how determined Bret is to learn to obey. Maybe he's a little flattered as well. Either way, he ends up giving in and finding he is really attracted to Bret – bratty-ness and all.

These two men are really hot together. They also fall for each other and that adds a level of emotions which makes their scenes even better. Both are slightly unusual, and I think they appreciate that in each other. If you like BDSM stories that will make you smile at least a little, if you enjoy reading about two men who seem to be made for each other, and if you’re looking for a sub (and a Dom) who are anything but run-of-the-mill, then you will probably like this story as much as I did.

NOTE: This book was provided by the author for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Brat.