Maurinejt's Reviews > DragonLance: Legends Trilogy

DragonLance by Margaret Weis

1220877
Apr 16, 2009

Read in September, 2010

This series has always been my favorite of the Dragonlance books, mostly because I find the character of Raistlin Majere one of the most interesting in all of literature. Is he truly evil or just desperate? Is he really good at the core? These are never answered, and the debate between fans could rage for days. Question moves on to question. Does he love Crysania? What about the relationship between he and his twin brother Caramon? That, you think you have all figured out in Chronicles. The continuing advantage Raistlin takes of Caramon's devotion and his cruelty in the face of his brother's generosity and love is borne up my myriad examples. But in Legends, a very different perspective emerges. Besides the inner conflict between the brothers, Legends is set amidst the most devistating time of Krynn's history: The Cataclysm and the dark days that followed. The ambitious reach of the overarching story and the depth of character development are perfectly matched in this trilogy, as the writing pair of Weis and Hickman truly find their strength and mesh in a seamless whole.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DragonLance.