Sabrina's Reviews > Nightwalker

2195638
Apr 15, 09

bookshelves: sci-fi-series
Read in February, 2009

This book was given to me while I was bored at work, looking for something to read while I sat on the phone all day. With that said, I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it.

This is the point where you ask, "Why, Sabrina... you sound bitter, as if you didn't really like this book at all. Why on Earth did you give it three stars?"

Well, dear... I gave it three stars, because yes, I did like it. I wouldn't have kept reading the thing every day had I thought it was boring. But like most of the other reviews about Nightwalker, I believe this book could have been a whole lot better.

It had... potential, but was far too cliched to be one of my favorites. It also helps if one can take the main character seriously.

It almost felt as if six hundred years and some change of living (or non-living, I suppose you could say) had done nothing to affect the way Mira reacted in situations. We didn't get to know her before the setting in which this book took place, but if she was at that level after six hundred years, I wouldn't even attempt to read anything about her human years.

In short, she was annoying, and that usually makes it difficult to fully enjoy a book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightwalker.