Amy's Reviews > Oscar Wilde and a Game Called Murder: A Mystery

Oscar Wilde and a Game Called Murder by Gyles Brandreth

Apr 15, 2009

bookshelves: 2009
Read in April, 2009

Saw this at the library and I couldn't pass it up! I have been in a bit of a reading slump lately (as far as actual novels are concerned) and haven't been doing much reading at home, but I looked forward to my breaks at work so I could sit down with more of this book.

I quite enjoyed the mystery: Oscar and his buddies play a game over dinner where they each write down the name of the person they would most like to see dead. Then the people really start dying...one each day. Oscar is on that list, as well as his wife. The book is told from the first person POV of Robert Sherand. He seemed to be attached to Oscar a lot, so much that at time, at the start anyway, I kept forgetting there was a clear narrator. Didn't really learn too much about him, but learned a lot about Oscar through his view.

Mystery was cleaver, but I couldn't pick up on any hints toward it, so I had no guesses for 'Who-dun-it' by the time of the big reveal.

Enjoyed the book. One of these days I will need to go back and read the first one :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oscar Wilde and a Game Called Murder.