Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > The Loner's Guarded Heart

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read in April, 2009

Harlequin Mills & Bonns 2008
186 pages

Josie was touched that her brothers had arranged a holiday for her--she certainly needed one. Only, the location isn't the lively resort she'd expected, but a rustic cabin in a beautiful but isolated Australian idyll....

Her only neighbour for miles is the taciturn, if incredibly attractive, Kent Black. Following a family tragedy, Kent cut himself off from the world. Josie can't help but be intrigued by this solitary man, and with her bubbly, warm personality, she's determined to pick away at the iron padlock around his heart.

- blurb from the back (yes I was lazy today)

I wanted something sweet, and what better to pick up than a book with the word sweet on the cover. A total promise for a HEA.

And it sure was, I started the book this morning and finished it a while later. Not that many pages, and it was so easy to read. You just went with the lovely flow if it. Totally adorable and heart warming.

A nice normal sweet heroine, who could sure bake. I so need chocolate cake now and all the other yummy things she made. A guarded hero, and of course I knew he would let his guard down and let her in. And a cute dog, and I am not really a dog person but they all went together so nicely.

So if you are looking for an easy book, with a full promise of a happy ever after then this is that kind of book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Loner's Guarded Heart.

Blodeuedd Finland It was cute, and easy, took no time at all and sometimes that is just what you need :)