Roger's Reviews > Eleanor and Park

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

M 50x66
Feb 05, 2013

"Eleanor and Park" is the perfect example of teen's experience with first love. These two teens story was told in the era of the late 1980's. "Eleanor and Park" is the prime example of don't judge a book by its cover. Once they got to know one another love was the definition of their relationship. Eleanor is a weird, eclectic, spunky, hard-working red-haired girl. Her life has many obstacles but love conquers all. Park is a black-haired asian kid, that is to himself. He is mostly cool calm and collected. He doesn't mind what people say, but about his love he doesn't play.

"Eleanor and Park" is a book for teens, ages 13-18. One thing about this book is that the characters play a true high school love story. In some way teens can connect to this book because it places them in a real life situation. For example, the many conflicts that come up in this book are, being the new kid at school, bullying, abuse, and much more. This allows the book to touch many young adults in the process. One theme that shows throughout this book is the theme of, don't let anything get in the way of happiness. Throughout the book the theme remained true, as Park and Eleanor didn't let their awkward moments get in the way of their love. Eleanor had a troubled life, with a troubled family. She had an abusive step dad that she hated, and with all the people in Park's ear telling him Eleanor wasn't the one. He continued to pursue their relationship, it was them two against the world.

After reading "Eleanor and Park," I did what any reader would do. I compared my relationship with Eleanor and Park's because of their trial and error relationship I can say it relate

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleanor and Park.