Theresa's Reviews > The Dark Tower, Volume 2: The Long Road Home

The Dark Tower, Volume 2 by Robin Furth

Apr 25, 09

bookshelves: 2009, graphic-novel, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, series, suspense
Read in April, 2009

From what I understand this story takes place somewhere around the fourth book in the series and details what happens to Roland when he is connected to the pink sphere.

The ka-tet is fleeing through the desert dragging Roland along because he is in a virtually comatose state after mentally connecting with the pink sphere. Most of the story takes place in Roland's mind--I get the impression that what happened to Roland after his connection with the pink sphere was not detailed in the novel but is here.

I also understood that while The Gunslinger Born was based on King's dialogue from the novels that this graphic novel went beyond the novels into uncharted territory such that Peter David was writing dialogue and story in the spirit of King. Having not read the novels, I thought he did a fairly good job. Illustrations were superb providing story, atmosphere, and character. Not being a huge King fan, an unexpected like.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Tower, Volume 2.