Kelly (Diva Booknerd)'s Reviews > Unravel Me

Feb 06, 13

bookshelves: bookgasm
Read from February 04 to 06, 2013

Ramblings of a Diva Booknerd

I am officially in love with Tahereh Mafi. Tahereh isn't a writer, she's a storyteller, she's a poet, she creates entire worlds where the reader can live, she's brilliant. I've never come across an inner monologue even close to that of the character of Juliette. It's purely poetic. Taherah can describe one emotion with paragraphs of random descriptions, shrieking tea kettles, being able to capture minutes ticking by in your pocket. It's quirky and poetic and captures Juliette with an amazing inner voice. That originality wont sit well with everyone, but the strike through text, the short clipped lines and poetic descriptions are incredible. I've never read anything remotely similar. There are no awkward pauses and it's written with such beauty.

I read the entire book in one sitting, I devoured it and couldn't put it down.

I'll just add a footnote. Warner... Up down incident?

description

Giggity giggity indeed baby!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.

Quotes Kelly (Diva Booknerd) Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“Hope.

It's like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It's a fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence. And it's the only thing in the world keeping me afloat.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

Tahereh Mafi
“I want so many things,” he whispers. “I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time.” His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says “I want this up.” He tugs on the waist of my pants and says “I want these down.” He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says, “I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it’s racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never,” he says, he breathes, “never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it.”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sylvia Sigh !! This book is beyond anything I've ever read ... It is a fine piece of art!!

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) I couldn't have said it better myself. Reading, I felt as though I was being seduced, swept off my feet by words. Then when it ends too soon, I felt like a obsessed, scorned woman begging for more. I think the title 'Unravel Me' is more for our benefit, it left me completely undone!

Sylvia I couldn't agree me ... it's how I felt .. stripped bare and totally raw and full of so many emotions !!

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) I honestly can't bring myself to start a new book, she's ruined me for all other authors now. How on earth am I going to be able to keep myself together until book three is released? We need a support group.

Sylvia I Know what you mean lol I have started a thread in my group in Never too old for y.a. Books ... We can vent there

Nessy i totally agree i think she's the most amazing writer EVER and... well she's just so amazing i'm at a loss for words, she really inspires me as a writer, and not only is her writing absolutely beautiful but the storyline of unravel me is amazing, i couldnt put it down for one second. the characters are amazing as well and i love u warner!