Jaime's Reviews > Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

U_50x66
Apr 14, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading, q4-2009

I am currently reading Fear and Loathing Las Vegas by Hunter Thompson. I actually read this book after I watched the motion picture by universal studios. The story is about two men who are trying to realize the American dream in the middle of what people call the dope age. These two men come into contact with every drug known to man while trying to make a quick fortune in the 1970’s. I read this book and liked it more than the movie because it went into detail so much better than did the movie. The book embedded horrifying pictures in my head when it talked about the trips these guys went on while experimenting with these various drugs. I wouldn’t recommend this book to anyone unless they’re interested in the “drug years” of America. It is very vulgar and graphic. One part of the book that stands out in my mind is when they are checking into they’re hotel in Las Vegas and they had taken hits of the popular designer drug LSD and everyone looks like reptile with human features. I don’t know about you but that’s a trip I don’t want any part of. Thompson writes about these drugs and events like he was there and like I said if you’re in to that type of book then I suggest reading it, but its definitely not for everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.