Arbkdbarb's Reviews > The Rest of Her Life

The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty

Oct 23, 07

Read in October, 2007

I could not put this book down and finished it the same day I started it. It seems that opinions of this book are all over the place, but I for one found it to be quite intriging and well-written.

Perhaps the description on the cover is a bit misleading since the story is actually about the mother, who has a very strained relationship with her teen daughter which is put to the test by the tragedy. She relives her sad and unfortunate childhood and relationship with her own mother and finds that what she wants for her own mother-daughter relationship is not to be.

This is how I came to know Leigh and relate to her personality. Coming from a home with a less than attentive mother, I can appreciate how she tried to be a complete opposite of her own mother. Some of us try to over compensate for the love we didn't get by trying too hard and being disappointed that we have failed when we feel rejected by those we reach out to, in a misunderstood way. It's what we know. We all dream of the Norman Rockwell life, and it doesn't always work out that way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rest of Her Life.