Maggie's Reviews > Stanford Wong Flunks Big-time

Stanford Wong Flunks Big-time by Lisa Yee

Aug 02, 09

bookshelves: august-09
Recommended for: Lovers of "Millicent Min, Girl Genuis"
Read in August, 2009, read count: Once

I was a big fan of Millicent Min Girl Genius when I first read it years back, and I just found out that Lisa Yee wrote not one, but two companions after Millicent. Being a fan, I eagerly awaited reading the companion, telling of the same story, but this time, we got to hear from Stanford's POV.

The book starts off with Stanford finding out he has flunked English, he cannot go to the basketball camp he has awaited for. Instead, he must take a summer-school course. Even then, it gets worse. Stanford finds out that he is getting tutored by Millicent Min, who isn't that thrilled either. Then he meets Emily Eber, the beautiful girl who he can't get out of his mind. He assumes that she would never like him back if she finds out he's stupid, so he and Millicent team up in a web of lies.

As readers of the 'first' book, we all know the story and what happens. However, in Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time, we get the same story, and a few more details about out beloved Stanford and the story from his point of view. I loved the story, and was so glad that Lisa Yee wrote it. Stanford's witty narration made the story short and fast-paced. I am even more excited to read the 'third' book, letting readers see the story from Emily's point of view.

Rating:

96/100
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stanford Wong Flunks Big-time.