Clockstein Lockstein's Reviews > Unknown Book 6397209

Unknown Book 6397209 by Unknown Author 210

Aug 08, 09

Dudley's Solo by Tiffany Alexander and Jeremiah Carstarphen is part of the charming Children's Band series. First Mia's thoughts: I really liked this book, because I liked how nice Dudley's friends were. They didn't make him feel bad because he couldn't hear, and they took the time to listen to him and then help him come up with a plan so he could be a part of the concert. I thought that his solo was really cool. My favorite part was Dudley with his dad. You could see how much they loved each other. Here's my take. Dudley is a part of the Children's Band, and everyone is excited as they are getting ready for a choir concert, but Dudley feels left out. Because he can't speak or hear, he hasn't been given a solo, and he wants to praise God with the rest of the kids. Mia really captured the magic of this book; Dudley's friends don't treat him any differently than they do each other, even though he's deaf, he's just one of the gang.Carstarphen's drawings are terrific giving a bit of an urban feel to the book. Mia and I enjoyed singing along with the song in the book, and she was also interested in me showing her a few signs for words like dad and yes (my sign language vocabulary isn't much deeper than that). I think the book demonstrated for her that a deaf child has the same desires and feelings that she does, and can worship God in his/her own special way. We will definitely be looking for more of this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unknown Book 6397209.