Tina Shelstrom's Reviews > Pictures of Hollis Woods

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read in April, 2009

Pictures of Hollis Woods
By Patricia Reilly Giff

This book is a book that will touch your heart, “Pictures of Hollis Woods”, by Patricia Reilly Giff. This is a very good book to read when you are feeling sad or depressed. It really brings out the inner “you “. Hollis had never known how it felt to be truly loved, until she met her foster parent Josie. The downside of Hollis and Josie having an incredible bond is that Josie is loosing her memory. If the secret service finds this out, Hollis has to be sent to another foster home. Since Hollis is known of being a girl that escapes from her homes, they are expecting her to run away. This time Hollis wasn’t the only one running away, Josie was too. I also like this book because, the unexpected happens. Hollis is a very clever girl that does what she wants. I think I relate to her because if there was someone I loved and I knew I was going to be separated from them, I would do anything I could think of to escape it. Even though most people would say Hollis is insane for running away from her foster homes, I think she has the right to do what she wants. With her being a foster kid, she probably thinks different about her self then other kids. I believe that she deserves more attention, because she has gone through more dramatic phases in throughout her life.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pictures of Hollis Woods.