Trudy's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Lisa Jackson

Sep 26, 2010

Read in September, 2010

The action is immediate and intense! Abby is finally emancipated from her ex husband and as she celebrates her birthday which is also the anniversary of her mother's death - a plunge from her 3rd story room at Our Lady of Virtues Sanitarium - she vows to put her life on the right track. Put her mother's death to rest in her mind and move forward. Little does she know that she's going to have to take a detour down memory lane to uncover a secret her family kept from her for 20 years which ties into a brutal serial killer that is plaguing New Orleans today. Well worth reading!!!

I have a bunch of Lisa Jackson books on my bookshelf at home, but nothing ever really compelled me to start reading through them... I picked this up at BN on a discount table since I have relocated temporarily and read through all of the books I brought with me. It was the best of the options that I had... which can give you a feel for how "excited" I was to read it.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised! I found the characters were far from perfect which makes them oh so interesting. The mystery was something that I was not expecting... I got it, but I didn't guess it... which as an avid mystery reader, is always a plus.

I am now looking forward to picking up this New Orleans series and reading more about Montoya!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.