Eva Leger's Reviews > What's the Number For 911 Again?

What's the Number For 911 Again? by Leland Gregory

Apr 16, 09

bookshelves: b-non-fiction, humor
Recommended to Eva by: found it on BM
Recommended for: no one...no one at all
Read in April, 2009, read count: once was more than enough

What a waste of time, paper, and money. It's absolutely insane that this got published. Not only does it have some of the exact same stories as the first one, but the ones that are different are still no good. There is nothing "wacky" about any of these stories.
There are a few little blurbs from the dispatchers who said the wrong thing and it happened to be funny. Anout three or four I think. Besides that, there were about three or four blurbs from a person calling in that got a chuckle. Besides that, there were about three from people who were just so damn dumb it was worth a little chuckle. The book is 247 pages long with about one "story" per page- figure it out.
I've read 4 of Gregory's books (no, I'm not clueless- I wasn't aware he was the author of these when I got them. Had I known- trust me, I wouldn't have got them after reading his "stupid crook" books)- and they all SUCK.
He has about half (if not more) of each book (this and the 1st) filled with the most idiotic childrens prank calls. Someone calling in to ask how they'd find their memory if they lost it- yeah, um, NOT WACKY. Someone calling in to ask what the earthquake rated at- nope, NOT WACKY.
One can only read so many 'the robber got in and had to call 911 to get back out' stories. The most hilarious thing about this book is he said the same thing I just did. He began a story about how overdone the 'robber calling 911 to get out of a place he broke into' is and guess what? Those are the majority of hsi stories.
Leland Gregory should be ashamed of himself. This is the LAST book I'll read with his name on it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What's the Number For 911 Again?.

04/15/2009 page 55
21.48% "I finished the first one in about 45 minutes this morning so I may as well kill this one off too...."
04/15/2009 page 150
58.59% "someone shoot me now."
show 2 hidden updates…