Challis's Reviews > On Becoming Fearless

On Becoming Fearless by Arianna Huffington

May 08, 09

bookshelves: instructional
Read in May, 2009

So far, not too impressed. Seems like a self-justifying excuse to feel good about things you aren't proud of and maybe shouldn't be. I disagree with a lot of her principles and philosophies and so far haven't learned anything about becoming fearless, but rather why she has justified certain decisions in her life and called them good.
Focuses on the obvious, like get enough sleep, exercise,drink water. And also some confusing contradictions the feminists have created for us like be a good person (although not too nice, because then you'll be walked on and never be promoted in this man's world. )love your children, but don't put them first. She also tries to explain how women's nature yearns for love and romance, but then tells us we shouldn't rely on men and probably don't even need them.
When will these women learn that they will only be truly happy when they embrace their role as WOMEN and stop trying to be MEN. God made us differently and if we keep trying to be what we're not , we'll never find true peace and joy in our lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Becoming Fearless.