Chessa's Reviews > Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Apr 13, 09

bookshelves: biology, feminist
Recommended for: Every woman and girl over the age of 12
Read in April, 2009, read count: 1

What an awesome, empowering book! I had read a lot of this information previously in various places, but to have it all compiled in one authoritative place in such an accessible format, it's worth its weight in gold. This book totally de-mystifies the female reproductive cycle to the advantage of both women who want to try to avoid pregnancy and those wishing to conceive. Take back your knowledge, take back the power of your bodies ladies!

Every girl old enough to menstruate needs a copy of this book or her other book for teens Cycle Savvy
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita I haven't read this book, but I'm curious whether it advocates "natural" birth control (knowing your cycle so well you know when you can't get pregnant.) I worry about that system - I know someone who got pregnant on accident that way.

Chessa Hmm, it does present it as an option, but not at all the only option. It's not, you know, sponsored by the Catholic Church or anything! It's more about knowing your cycles, when you are likely to be fertile and taking (extra) precautions during that time. You should see if your library has it, because the info about your body is so amazing!

message 3: by Robina (new)

Robina this book TOTALLY rocked my world when i read it in 2005. i bought cycle savvy for my then-teenage little sister, too!