Debi's Reviews > What Will I Do With My Money?

What Will I Do With My Money? by Ray Linder

Apr 19, 2009

Read in April, 2009

I'm not sure where to start in reviewing this book - it was excellent. More of a book on personality types than money management, the premise is that our personality affects how we view and use money. Other things that influence our view of money are family of origin, peers, and society and culture.
I've always been intrigued by personality types and this book was an excellent tutorial on the different types. Using the Myers-Briggs types, there are 16 different personality types with combinations from 4 different factors: Introvert vs. Extrovert, Sensing vs. Intuitive, Thinker vs. Feeler, and Judging vs. Perceiving. The author also looks at temperament, which has been divided into 4 types - Sanguine, Melancholic, Choleric and Phlegmatic. These temperaments correspond with key aspects of the MBTI (Myers-Briggs) personality type.
I could go on and on, but these personality types are then drawn out in how they tend to view money. Then conflict between personality types is addressed such as in marriage and how this affects conflict over money. Personality types and career choice are then discussed as career choice affects money and the amount of it. Tips are given to modify your money style and use the strengths of your personality in managing money better. Learning to communicate with other personality types and seeing their points of view helps to lessen money conflict.
Very good book on personality and how it affects use of money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Will I Do With My Money?.