Colleen Venable's Reviews > What Was She Thinking? [Notes on a Scandal]

Apr 13, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: fiction-adult
Read in April, 2009

Creepy and haunting. This book made me so self aware mainly because none of the characters don't have any level of self-awareness. Barbara has no idea she's ventured towards stalkerish behavior and her delusions of grandeur to cover up her loneliness surface slowly but surely as the text goes on. Sheba seems to not be able to read emotions of anyone around her but is more concerned with feeling young and wanted. I really should give it four stars, but it was so disturbing I had to read it slowly over the course of a week. The overwhelming theme of deteriorating with age, both in looks and sanity, had me peeking in one of those "magnify by 10 times and see inside all of your pores" mirrors for hours.

ORIGINAL REIVEW: Me and my roommate are currently reading each other's favorite books. Gave her FEED by M.T. Andreson and this was her choice for me. 1/2 way through and really intrigued so far. I love it when you can't completely trust a narrator's intentions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Was She Thinking? [Notes on a Scandal].