Anica's Reviews > Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm by Carly Phillips

Apr 14, 09

Read in April, 2009

This is probably the worst book I have ever read from Carly Phillips. At the beginning, I was really looking forward because it was funny and had a good start overall. But then...yeah well...

The characters are stupid, dumb, flat as a single paper and just annoying. I am still wondering if they have anything else on their mind than sex. Because this whole book is just about to get into someone's pants. The so called "plot" is practically non-existent. And don't let me even start on this annoying and stupid plot with Gabby's (the so called heroine LOL) friend Sharon. I am seriously asking myself if those characters are 4 instead of 30 years old. Seriously!

I am not even very fond of the whole idea itself but the writing style and the plot...both things are just so very poor and annoying. I am seriously asking myself what went into Carly Phillips when writing this book. Did she only have like 2 weeks left? Because when reading this one, it felt like this. Oh boy...

I am honestly not sure if I ever wanna read the two other books in this new series. Such a bad book. Oh boy!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky Charm.

04/13/2009 page 66
17.6% "I can't really say I am liking it. Way too much info dumping to start with. I feel like I am reading anyone but Carly Phillips. :/"

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 5: by Ceci (new)

Ceci wow... you really hate the book!! *LOL* A few months ago, i saw this book and i started wondering if i should buy it but then i read the synopsis and i thought it was a really dumb plot. It's sad because i usually like carly phillips's books! :D

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Meckley I saw this book and almost picked it up now I am defintely NOT going to !!

Anica Ceci wrote: "wow... you really hate the book!! *LOL* A few months ago, i saw this book and i started wondering if i should buy it but then i read the synopsis and i thought it was a really dumb plot. It's sad b..."

It IS a dumb plot. Not to mention that the whole synopsis of this plot and all is practically not there. Oh yeah, there is this curse, so we can't be together...*headdesk*

Anica Michelle wrote: "I saw this book and almost picked it up now I am defintely NOT going to !!

Thanks for the info not usually into fluff stuff like this so won't waste my time "

Seriously, if you need some input/recs on fluff stuff, ask me or Ceci. LOL Not to sound arrogant, but I am happy I could stop you to buy this book. Such bullshit. Seriously!

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Meckley ok you are now my official "fluff' guide so glad you stopped me

I just finished one it was cool very shocking ending chk it out