Elketw's Reviews > The Devil and Miss Prym

Read in November, 2007

Category: Books
Genre: Literature & Fiction
Author: Paulo Coelho

A community devoured by greed, cowardice, and fear. A man persecuted by the ghosts of his painful past. A young woman searching for happiness. In one eventful week, each will face questions of life, death, and power, and each will choose a path. Will they choose good or evil?

In the remote village of Viscos -- a village too small to be on any map, a place where time seems to stand still -- a stranger arrives, carrying with him a backpack containing a notebook and eleven gold bars. He comes searching for the answer to a question that torments him: Are human beings, in essence, good or evil? In welcoming the mysterious foreigner, the whole village becomes an accomplice to his sophisticated plot, which will forever mark their lives.

Paulo Coelho's stunning novel explores the timeless struggle between good and evil, and brings to our everyday dilemmas fresh perspective: incentive to master the fear that prevents us from following our dreams, from being different, from truly living.

The Devil and Miss Prym is a story charged with emotion, in which the integrity of being human meets a terrifying test.

============================================================

Seperti biasa Coleho membuat saya terkagum-kagum dengan tulisannya. Salut banget dengan penulis yang jenius kaya gini. Disetiap bukunya saya selalu menemukan sesuatu yang istimewa setelah selesai membaca bukunya.

Di buku ini menceritakan bagaimana terjadinya pergulatan perang antara si baik dan si jahat dalam diri manusia. Bahwa hidup adalah pilihan, bahwa pilihan yang kita ambil akan menentukan siapa kita dimasa depan. bahwa semua manusia adalah sama yang membedakan mereka adalah pilihan yang Ia ambil dalam hidupnya.

" Untuk menghasilkan yang terbaik dari seseorang Ia harus mengalami yang terburuk terlebih dahulu "

The above words somehow hit me !! I had faced the worse so far in my carrier life and somehow I've learn so much from my mistake ... the reslut was awsome, I got great position now and stable carrier. I would never walk this far if i dont taste the pain of failure and renew my self after that.
So ... yes, I completely understand what Coelho says about the above quote.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil and Miss Prym.