Jenny's Reviews > The Hero With a Thousand Faces

The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell

Apr 12, 09

bookshelves: 11th-grade

Joseph Campbell wrote an amazing book about the human journey. He describes the process of a “hero” and the challenges and obstacles that they go through everyday in order to become that person that they want to be. Campbell uses examples from various myths, legends, history and our present society to confirm his theory. Every human is a hero and their identity is shaped through the events they go through and people who they come across. It is only through this journey that we find out who we really are.
I think Campbell has a very extraordinary idea because this might explain a lot of the emotions that people go through in their lives. “The Hero With A Thousand Faces”—it says it all in the title. Whether if we’re sad, happy, excited or just plain tired, there is always a part of that specific emotion that reflects who we are, if not only for that moment. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to read more into Campbell’s theory because even though there were a lot of words to read (for me, at least), I guarantee that there will be something new that you will find out about yourself.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hero With a Thousand Faces.

message 1: by Book'd (new)

Book'd I read all the reviews upto here and it was only yours that could tell me what the book is about. Nice review. Well-written. :)