Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Temping Is Hell

Temping Is Hell by Cathy Yardley

Feb 02, 2013

Kate O'Hara has just got a new temp job and it would still be hell even if she ignored the fact she was working for a bimbo with a mean streak plus some very odd looking/acting guys in the basement as co-workers.

This is a great book, it has the right mix of humor, serious plot, evil villains and that lure of the romance that makes it addicting.

Thomas has a small problem, many years ago for reasons that you will see, he managed to sell his soul and he has 1 year to get it back. The path and tasks required to get it back are going to be the basis for this series it seems and there are about a dozen of these “tasks” and this book covers 1 of them (a serial killer who likes girls) so we have a possible 13 book series it seems. I can only hope the rest are as good as this one was in entertainment value.

Kate in addition to having about a dozen jobs over 3 years seems to have some unknown talents that make her a great employee in the Fiendish Corporation and also brings her to the attention of the billionaire owner Thomas Kestrel . The romance, chaos and deadly situations begin and you will love it.

This gets about a 4.5 for me and you can think of it as a paranormal Devil Wears Prada with something close to a real devil. This is a great book, not too light, not very dark but serious enough to keep you from a sugar coma.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temping Is Hell.

KindleRomance Reviews Lovely review:-)

Douglas Meeks Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Lovely review:-)"

I really did not do it justice, I wish I had found this book after 4 or 5 sequels were already released, great story.

KindleRomance Reviews You made me want to read it so I would say that's a great review! It is nice when you find a great series after it's complete. I hate waiting and then I forget too many details:-)

Douglas Meeks Feel free to jump over to Amazon and vote my review up :) I am listed as reviewer rank 812 today, I hope to hit the top 500 by summer's end. (end of blatant vote mongering :) The fact that the Kindle book is priced low is just an added bonus for this book.

KindleRomance Reviews Done:-)

Douglas Meeks Always appreciated, I try to respond by actually writing good reviews :)

message 7: by Jeanette (new) - added it

Jeanette Read your review and downloaded this book to my Kindle straight away. I have my Kindle in one hand and a cup of tea in the other and will now settle down to read Temping is Hell. 5/5 for your review. I have just joined goodreads so I will go through your reviews to see what other great books you have reviewed. Thanks Jeanette UK

Douglas Meeks I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.