BizarreLibrary's Reviews > To Wake the Dead

To Wake the Dead by Richard Laymon

1955449
Apr 21, 2009

Read in April, 2009

Amara lived as an Egyptian Princess over four thousand years ago and is now part of a collection of a museum. All was calm until one night, when greed took over during a break in and Amara’s sacred seal was broken.

Now, she walks the night. She’s watching and waiting. And when partially eaten bodies start to show up at the museum in the morning, her teeth marks are found on them. Who was Amara and what is she now? Where did she come from? How could something so horrible end up as a display? And most importantly…what can be done to stop her? How does someone kill something that is already dead?

Richard Laymon has always been a favorite of mine. “Warped” and “demented” are the only words to describe his style of writing. It’s like a roller coaster, page after page, and this book does not disappoint. Every chance I got to read this book I took it!

There are so many loops and turns that, a few times, I’ve had to flip to the back of the book to make sure I was still reading the same story! But just as in all of his other books, no matter how far you feel you’ve been taken away from the main story, everything comes together and makes sense in the very end.

There is blood, gore, and just a little more. If that’s your kind of thing make sure you embrace this book! Creepy, with just a hint of lime for a twist, it’s enjoyable to the very end!

I was absolutely petrified and somewhat appalled at some parts, but expected such when reading Laymon. He does not disappoint in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Wake the Dead.