cecilia's Reviews > This Is What I Want to Tell You

This Is What I Want to Tell You by Heather Duffy Stone

Apr 11, 09

Read in April, 2009

Heather Duffy Stone captures the voices of Nadio and Noelle extremely well (where it really sounded as if you are sitting in front of them), but I feel that this was more of Noelle's story of feeling left behind and unloved. She reminds me a little of Emily Black from I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, same rebellious nature, same desire to find her place in the world. I wish that Keeley also had a voice of her own, instead of hiding within the twins' POV. Her own troubles and secrets seem somewhat downplayed, although I could tell by her actions that she really wanted to talk to Noelle about them.

The prose is a little distracting, I admit, with its lack of quotation marks. However, it really flows well like a conversation that you start to become absorbed with Noelle and Nadio's stories. The writing is phenomenol if you can tell by the excerpts above!

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this book. I liked it, but felt a little dissatisfied with the ending (which isn't bad, it just lets life continue on its unhurried path). It is unlike other YA books that I have read. I would compare it to cracked up to be, more serious though Noelle does not seem as harsh as Courtney Summers's Parker

Complete review on my blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is What I Want to Tell You.